You are hereVolunteer Guidelines
Before making a registration of a volunteer of Make-A-Wish® Hong Kong, please read the following guidelines carefully.
What is “volunteers”?
Volunteer is a person, s/he who renders services to social service agencies and clients without remunerations.
The rights of Make-A-Wish® Hong Kong’s volunteers:
- Understand the service value
- Have the choice of participating in the service freely
- Request for a certificate of your voluntary services
- Obtain orientations and proper trainings
- Have insurance coverage when performing voluntary duties for Make-A-Wish® Hong Kong
- Have protection of the personal information confidentiality
The responsibilities of Make-A-Wish® Hong Kong’s volunteers
~ To service users ~
- Understand the relationship with the service users, respect to their privacy and encourage their own abilities in making decisions
- Not to disclose any information of service users to others
- Destroy all personal information or contacts of the service users after the completion of services
- Not to accept any types of gifts from service users or their families in order to present and keep a honest image of the agency and volunteers
- Not to make any commitments to the service users by the identity of “the Agency Representative”
- Not to promote your own business, any products and message when performing voluntary duties
- Keep appropriate attitudes when performing the voluntary duties, e.g. dress-up properly, report duty on time, no smoking, no drinking etc.
~ To Make-A-Wish® Hong Kong ~
- Respect to our mission and service modes
- Follow the service instructions and guidelines of Make-A-Wish® Hong Kong
- Reflect your feedbacks actively
- Join the sharing and training sessions actively while participate in evaluations objectively
- Respect for other volunteers
- Keep updating of your personal information
- Report to Make-A-Wish® Hong Kong immediately in case of any emergency
Make-A-Wish® Hong Kong treasures for your support. Thank you very much for your volunteer registration.