To become a volunteer of Make-A-Wish® Hong Kong, please read the following guidelines carefully.
Who is a “volunteer”?
Volunteer is a person who renders services to social service agencies and clients without remunerations.
The rights of Make-A-Wish® Hong Kong’s volunteers:
- Understand the service value
- Have the choice of participating in the service freely
- Request for a certificate of your voluntary services
- Obtain orientations and proper trainings
- Have insurance coverage when performing voluntary duties for Make-A-Wish® Hong Kong
- Have protection of the personal information confidentiality
The responsibilities of Make-A-Wish® Hong Kong’s volunteersTo service users
- Understand the relationship with the service users, respect their privacy and encourage their own abilities in making decisions
- Not to disclose any information of service users to others
- Destroy all personal information or contacts of the service users after the completion of services
- Not to accept any types of gifts from service users or their families in order to present and keep an honest image of the organization and volunteers
- Not to make any commitments to the service users by the identity of “the Organization Representative”
- Not to promote own business, any products and message when performing voluntary duties
- Maintain proper etiquette when performing the voluntary duties, e.g. dress-up properly, report duty on time, no smoking, no drinking etc.
- Respect our mission and vision
- Follow the service instructions and guidelines of Make-A-Wish® Hong Kong
- Offer our feedbacks proactively
- Join the sharing and training sessions organized for volunteers, and provide feedback as required
- Respect other volunteers
- Keep your personal information updated for contact purposes
- Report to Make-A-Wish® Hong Kong immediately in case of any emergency
Make-A-Wish® Hong Kong treasures for your support, thank you!